Devotions

Psalm 77

Monday, November 22, 2010

Gratitudes

Once again I’ll go over what God has done, lay out on the table the ancient wonders; I’ll ponder all the things you’ve accomplished, and give a long, loving look at your acts.     Psalm 77 (from The Message)

When I hear the phrase “she made me feel so bad” or “he caused me to be unhappy,” I am so reminded of the scripture that says, “Lift up your eyes unto to hills; that is where your help comes from.” (Psalm 121). And, that is just the beginning! You’ll love reading the rest of this Psalm.

I am so grateful that God loved us so much that He gave us choices… the freedom to choose in this life. We can choose whom we will allow to “make us feel like… whatever.” To me, that is so powerful and so basic to having a healthy concept of “who we are in Christ.”

I have heard it said, “Imagine Christ is standing between you and everyone else, (and I added this) …then continue to relate.” I am grateful for that insight. How powerful it is to take responsibility for our own emotions and draw holy boundaries around our hearts.

As we head into the holidays of Thanksgiving, we all know it can be a struggle to always find that “Happy” part. But this year from the mouth of my 4 year-old granddaughter, Amelia Claire, the word “THANKSLOVING” trumpeted a call to my heart, “Nancy, that’s it:  ‘Thanksgiving’ is ‘Thanksloving.’”

So, today I bless you with the power to see Christ in all of your relationships.

I am grateful for my family and friends who live their lives with their eyes lifted up to the hills of His help…….

With deepest gratitude,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful for comments left by you!