Devotions

Psalm 77

Monday, November 29, 2010

Psalm 103 (The Message)

As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear him. He knows us inside and out and keeps in mind that we’re made of mud.

Have you ever said, “I feel like mud.” Well….. God had that thought about us first, and He didn’t forget it. He knows we need his “sheer mercy and grace and his rich deep love to cover our muddy tracks.”

This week I will give thanks with a heart of gratitude that God remembers that I am mud. This will make me smile as I realize how much I need to him as my Savior and my Lord. Not just for me, but for all my loved ones. Why are we surprised when we or “they” act up? We all need a double dose of His saving love.

Now that the Thanksgiving leftovers are all gone and we enter into the season of advent, may we hold in our hearts the promise of hope that He came for us so we could be washed from our muddy condition and experience the “joy of HIS salvation today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful for comments left by you!